BMG Partners Pty Ltd, BMG Financial Planning Pty Ltd, and BMG Financial Group Pty Ltd (referred to as BMG) are parties to this policy.
Your privacy is important to us
2. BMG is bound by the Privacy Act and the National Privacy Principles (NPPs).
4. Please note that if at any time BMG is required by law to release information about you or your organisation, BMG must cooperate fully.
What sort of Information does BMG collect?
6. BMG collects information about you (“the Information”) in different ways:(a) BMG collects information when you engage the organisation so that BMG may provide you with financial planning / tax / accounting/audit /estate planning, business development services, corporate superannuation, self-managed superannuation, and insurance services.(b) BMG collects information from other institutions and organisations in the course of undertaking the activities outlined in 6(a).(c) When you send BMG any written, oral or electronic communication, we collect any information provided by you that is relevant to BMG undertaking the activities outlined in 6 (a).
What happens if you do not provide the information?
7. If you do not provide the information requested it may effect the quality of advice given to you and may compromise your obligations with regard to compliance with Taxation and other legislation.
Why does BMG collect the information and how is your information used by BMG?
8. BMG collects the Information to provide you with a specific service. For example, we may use the Information you provide us to complete your tax return.
9. BMG also uses the Information to send you information (either by e-mail or post) that you request. If at any time you receive material that you did not request or do not want to receive such material any more, see Correcting and Updating Your Profile below.
10. We may use the personal information collected from you for the purpose of providing you with offers of additional services material or articles that may be of interest to you.
Who does BMG disclose personal information to?
11. BMG will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you consent.
12. Within the two BMG businesses there will be an exchange of client information between these two entities as required.
How will BMG keep your personal information secure?
13. BMG has security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and/or alteration of the Information under its control.
These security measures are:– restricted access, computer firewalls, clauses in employee agreements requiring confidentiality, document shredding protocols, locked fire safe, and an electronic security and fire alarm system.
Correcting and Updating your profile.